Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Now I Get It!

It may sound like a familiar story... over the years worth of New Years' resolutions, resolutions made at 3:00am, resolutions made while eating cheesecake for the absolute "LAST" time, I have begun exercising, and stopped, perhaps a day or two later.

Something has finally clicked. The short version of my journey follows:

March: Started walking 2 miles every morning. Noticed immediate improvement.

May: Begin a group session with a personal trainer that was here for the summer. She kicked us hard. I lost 20 pounds over the summer!

August: She left, but the group of us kept going. We haven't stopped, but recently added Basketball on Tues. and Thurs. so we do something 5 days/week.

And... I finally want to go in the mornings. I finally "get" the addiction that you can have to exercising! And, it's really easier for me to do it every day, than just M, W, and F. No slacking!

I won't tell my specific sizes, but let's say I've dropped 4 GAP jean sizes since May :-) I'm excited and motivated and energized. Not to mention I feel that I'm keeping up with J's growing. I couldn't lift him very well before, and I'm doing much better now. He's not getting any smaller.

I'm still not a runner, and I still can't do more than a girl-style push-up. But I went from doing 5 push-ups and dying, to 3 sets of 25. My husband is shaking in his boots, let me tell you! (grin)

1 comment:

Eliason Family said...

Way to go! Thats awesome! I admire people who have the energy to exercise and love doing it. I personally don't really enjoy exercising although I will admit I love to go walking when I get a change. But considering the three kids I have and one more coming soon. Thats enough exercise in the day to keep me running!