Yesterday was a doctor's appointment, and in Mexico, that means an ultrasound. I have to admit, it's kind of nice to not have to wonder if the baby is growing, moving, etc.
We were thrilled to be able to see the baby moving, waving, twirling, kicking. Heart beating a wonderful 167 bpm, and measuring 2 days ahead of my dates. (The baby, not me!!)
The doctor did find that the placenta has separated a portion from the wall of the uterus. He didn't seem overly concerned but said to take it easy so it can heal. This did concern me, because if I haven't been taking it easy, I don't know what I've been doing. In order to keep any food down, I have to lay down, so it's usually half the day laying down. I don't lift J, I don't even push his wheelchair much anymore. T lifts him in and out of the car (supergirl!).
So the doctor is guessing that it's all of the pressure from throwing up that is preventing this gap from healing. And it's a scary looking gap on the ultrasound. Big and long and black. Not the kind of thing I would have liked to see... but the doctor gave me confidence with his attitude. He prescribed a medicine for nausea, which I plan to thoroughly research before I buy. He wants me to take that to prevent throwing up, so this will heal. He also said I could possibly expect some spotting, and if that happened, I would be on full bedrest until it healed. Yay.
But even with this, we left the office excited and uplifted having seen the baby and watched it dance. The kids watched the DVD of the ultrasound and loved it. It's a nice 3D machine so we got some very good images. J was talking to D this morning about being excited to be a big brother! :-)
So, if you have room in your prayers, think of my separation un-separating ;-)
1 comment:
That is great K! I am so excited for you guys! Don't worry about the separation it happened to my friend April in the states and she was bleeding and the doctor still didn't put her on bed rest!(although she wasn't allowed to exercise) She now has a beautiful healthy baby girl....With Camden I had torn my placenta big time and bleed for 7 months! I was just on sitting rest....haha just no exercise and no standing for longer than 15 minutes and Camden was just fine. Our prayers are with you I know it will all go great just try not to worry it will only make things worse!
Post a Comment