Sunday, June 7, 2009

Warning: Creative Surge Underway in a Tiny Town in Northern Mexico (specifically at my house)

The surge happens to smell of fingernail polish and, alternately, fingernail polish remover. Just today, the baby army crawled/rolled her way into some orange acrylic paint as well. In a new Gymboree outfit. But it came out, so I could stop cryelling. Happily, it also came out of her hair.

So that's the Off On A Tangent bit. Back to the creativity surging, surging its way onto my nails, and those of any female citizen of this town/ward/family/ and/or anyone who walks through my door and sits still long enough.

Incidentally, did you know that dogs can get their nails painted when they get groomed? My childhood favorite pet, the tiny black poodle named Ebony used to get hers painted red. Speaking of red, I need some red lipstick. Any recommendations for blondes with warm skin tones?

Soooooo..........

I'm churning out nail designs faster than I can get sick of looking at the last one I painted on my own toes. It was too late to invite you over, though I wanted to. Yes, you.

So I grabbed T's fingers tonight, and my thumb nail, which has sported 3 designs tonight and still doesn't match the rest.... and I painted!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wore the above toes (okay, polish) to church last Sunday along with a yellow, black and white skirt. My toes peeped through my black 2.5 inch heels, the first heels I've had in years. I felt HOT. And tall. (For those of you who don't know me, I'm 5'8" and have a problem with it. I have refused to wear heels most of my life, so, break out, baby!! It's not stopping me anymore! Who would have thought it took moving to Mexico to learn that?? Thanks, girls!)

T invited friends over yesterday to practice on their toes (and fingers). I have to say I'm impressed!! This is all her own work. (T is my soon-to-be 11-year old daughter, in case you're not familiar with our family.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And these are T's cute toes done with some stickers I forgot I had :

Photobucket

Thanks for looking! I hope you're inspired to have something fun on your toes for summer!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad you're not in VA or I there in Mexico since I'd love to have you paint my toenails. They haven't had anything on them in years.

Sal-my-gal said...

How fun! I don't have the patience for pedicures with my girls. All polish is under lock and key and rarely comes out (I've had to replace my carpet once due to their painting mishaps). What my girls wouldn't give to have a fun mom!

Sal-my-gal said...

...and, you should totally wear heals. I'll bet you rocked them. Your svelt, tall self would be stunning in heals. They do amazing things for a lady's legs ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW what cute work. I will have to get in line when I get down there.

Chanin said...

Oh!! I love your designs. Please tell me your secret. Do you use a special brush. I want, I want, but I have no clue how you do that. I need a "C" trip!

laurice. said...

Nice. Can't wait for the next one!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Oh my gosh, those are so awesome! I have to agree. You did look HOT! I love the pink on pink swirl. That is my favorite. I can't wait to get mine done! Maybe I should come over tomorrow so I'll look hot, too, for the pool party and the old man's party in the evening. See you tonight!

Rhonda said...

You are so creative and talented! I love those! I've had to do all my own pedicures lately :( but at least I do an OK job! :)

I'll have to copy your designs! The pedicure you gave me was my first ever! (you created a monster, just so ya know. lol)

Kara& Bert said...

way cute thanks for yesterday!

William Eggington said...

http://www.facebook.com/eggington#/photo.php?pid=2721662&id=625596976&ref=mf :-)