Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lots Going On, Quick Update :-)

1- I'm getting a living room. Okay.... I have one but the kids don't have a bedroom. So I'm getting a new, big living room, and the kids can have their originally itended bedroom. D and his sweet brother have been working on it and it's all framed in with huge metal beams. I know it may take a few more months to complete, but hey, we've got till October. The big stuff is done and I can see the shape of the room now.

2- I got a piano. Some of you may know that I sold my beautiful ivory baby grand piano before our move to California, knowing that we would not have a place for it and hating to move it *again.* I've been without one ever since, and it's so hard. The piano was my thinking spot, my happy spot, my release and expression. Someone who moved out of Mexico left one and asked the Bishop to take care of it for them for a while. The Bishop is my father-in-law and I love him for thinking of me! It's sitting in the warehouse waiting for my living room to be finished!!!!

3- T has been having stomach pains for a week. Hardly complained until yesterday, so I've pondered it and asked around. Sounds like it might be parasites or amoebas or some other such horrid thing. Luckily one pill today and one in two weeks should take care of it... D's at the pharmacy right now.

4- J woke up this morning complaining of a cough (I have a *terrible* cold right now so him having it wouldn't have surprised me) and I thought he just didn't want to go to school. Then he told me he feels like he has an infection. He's been much better at being able to tell me when he has a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) lately, so even though I thought it was another ploy, I tested him anyway. Sure enough, sick sick sick. We are using the lab down here to do a culture to find out exactly which antibiotic to use. We don't usually go through this formality, but this is the 3rd or 4th infection in a row, close together so we're getting worried that he may have a resistant organism, which he is at high risk for.

5- I'm 19 weeks today. The 20 week appointment next week is our gender ultrasound! I hope this little person decides to be awake and not quite so curled up for this one.

6- J starts Cub Scouts today, and he's beyond thrilled.

This is all. We're having a good time visiting with D's brother and his wife and 3 beautiful little girls. We used to live next door to them in Utah so it's wonderful to see them for a long visit! School doesn't get out until the 18th so we're trying to have "summer time" between school hours. Good thing Grandpa has a wonderful yard across the street and all of us enjoy it in the evenings.

3 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

Cub Scouts!! Oh goodness, I *can't* believe he is that old!!! That is so exciting. I'm sure he will love it!

laurice. said...

How exciting a living room! Have you tried Bactrim for J? I get UTI all the time and that’s the only thing that works for me. Good Luck with everything we look forward to see what you are having.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Girl! It's your Energy Sister from MO.

When I heard the news, my socks blew off!! ha ha ha

I am soooo happy for you!

Now you will have a living room, a piano...and in good time a baby.

Life is good.

Hugs and Kisses,
KJ