Sunday, June 15, 2008

Warning: This Post is Picture Heavy

D's brother and his family came to Mexico for their daughter's baptism and a wonderful long visit. We had so much fun! The kids played so well together. We miss living next door to them. Here is a cute pic of the baptism day:

We all decided to make the 10 hour drive to the Sea of Cortez for a little mini-vacation. Since D has two hearing aid locations there, we used that for our "reason." He got a little business done. Oh, and it was our 11th anniversary as well! The Sea of Cortez is between the Baja of California and mainland Mexico. Up at the top, there is a little resort town called San Carlos. It's a lot of fun! Lots of Americans are there and have built lush vacation homes. We stayed at an awesome hotel called the San Carlos Plaza, and I was impressed. It had a huge pool area, with about 4 pools connected to eachother. One of them was shallow enough for J to be let loose in (with avid supervision!!!!) and he had the time of his life. The beach was gorgeous, the kind that's waist/chest deep WAY out and the swells were perfect for me to just relax in the water and let the buoyancy hold up the belly. It was really bliss. We were all having so much fun, that my father-in-law called D's other brother in Arizona and said COME! So they drove and came to spend the next two days with us. This absolutely made our trip! All of the kids were so good and had so much fun, they swam morning and night! D and I also had a fantastic Anniversary evening at the hotel, a place called Joey's Bistro. They have locations in Las Vegas and Tuscon. It was one of the best dinners I've *ever* had! Happy 11th to us!!

Okay, pics. Here's our darling niece and family at the baptism:
Nicky's Baptism

Moving on to the beach! A Hot Hubby:
Hot Hubby

Just arriving and finding shells:
We're Here!

The view of San Carlos:
San Carlos View

D and T enjoying the water:
T and D

Aunt V (My father-in-law's sweet sister) holding our darling little niece! This niece is what I like to call "The Opposite of Birth Control" because she takes my baby hunger to a whole new level! Such a cutie!!
Aunt Velma and Abby

D, J, and me on the cool "Tractor" (as J calls it) that we all rented. It was awesome!
3 on the 3 wheeler

Grandma and Uncle D out for a spin:
Dan and Gayle on the bike

J playing on the sand:
Jack's Grin

This is my 20 week belly shot, and yes I'm brave! Oh, and that's "J in the Bucket":
Bucket and Belly

Another shot of J's boat:
Jack in the "boat"

D had lots of fun with this, tipping J over spontaneously. J thought it was funny to use the cup he had to fill it up with water while he was in it too....
and another Boat

The awesome shallow pool that J thought was heaven:
Me and Jack in the small pool

Anniversary lunch on the beach:
Anniversary lunch

T enjoying a full plate of Shrimp Tostadas! (Mine were shredded crab, divine!)
Shrimp Tostadas

I thought this was a great pic!
Tristana in the green floatie

Another beautiful niece!
Beautiful Katie

J in his floatie that grandma bought him for the big pool:
Jack in the yellow floatie

What's this?
What's This?

A sand burial, of course.
They've buried Jack!

Closeup:
Up Close

The two cute guys in my family:
The two mischief makers

The Un-Burial didn't go so well:
getting out

"Not Happy, Bob."
Not Happy Bob!!

The photographer gets the last laugh:
Examining a shell

The Cute Salsa Mama!
Cute Sally

Another burial of a cute niece!
Alicya buried

T's turn:
Tristana's turn

Cute closeup:
Happy to be in the cool sand

Three sister-in-law's enjoying the shade for a short photo shoot:
SIL's

Me and Salsa Mama wearing our matching Disneyland hats from when they came to see us in CA:
Christy and Sally

7 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I TOTALLY should have been there, cracked nipples and all! I loved looking at those pictures. And I love how you talk about all of your family members. You are so complimentary! Also, your 20 week shot looks awesome! You are one sexy pregnant lady!

Jarmeg Family said...

Sounds like you had a blast, I have been dying to go to the beach. Heard you are having a girl, congrats!!!

BarbaraJo said...

THat looks like you had so much fun. I am so jealous. You look so cute in your swimming suit. I love the picture of your mom-in-law on the tractor. So FUN!

BarbaraJo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori Cook said...

Look like you had such a great time. Also I can't belive how big your kids look. I hope that we can see you guys sometime soon. We miss hangging out and haveing fun with one of our favorite families.

Armed Citizen said...

That was fun to see all of you having fun on the beach. Wish we could have been there too. You guys are awesome. Wish we could come down soon and visit with you guys. Give everyone our love.

Anonymous said...

Becka totally had a blast with you guys. Mandy and I were so jealous we wished we had stayed and let her friends drive my truck home.
I already told Danny I am totally down for next year! Happy you were happy.