
I know it's not Mother's Day. But when you need to write something, you write it. Right?
I need to talk about my mom. She needs to know how I feel, and so does everyone else. Sometimes I'm not good at saying it in person. I don't know why this is. I'm usually very eloquent. :-)
I spent two wonderful weeks in Utah with my mom, and it was the best trip ever! I want to thank her for being my fabric (addict) shopping buddy, quilt-lover enthusiast friend, listener, wonderful grandmother, reliever of all of my mother-duties whenever she is with me, enjoyer of my pedicures, great short-order cook, and all around fun person to be with.
We got so much sewing done for the new baby, and she encouraged me every step of the way with my high pile of things to sew (and did lots of the tedious ironing of seams). She took on two quilts to make herself for the baby, that I picked out, and has them most finished! (And they're beautiful.)
We enjoyed lots of time in the car together, talking, planning for her trip to see me after the little one is here, helping me organize things in my mind for going from two to three kids (wow!).
My mom is a wonderful grandmother. She talks to my kids almost every day on the phone, sometimes for over 2 hours at a time. She will listen to them play, and listen to all of their silliness. She will even listen to them play Yahtzee (again, wow). I hope that I can be as patient as she is someday! I remember telling my parents that I was finally expecting again. They both were so excited and told me that "two grandchildren are not enough!" This made me so happy.
It's so hard to live so far away from her. I'm so glad for Vonage phones that allow us unlimited talk-time! I'm glad that they want to spend as much time as they are able to visiting us. I wish I could make it to Utah more than once or twice a year. Hopefully in the future this will be possible. Especially with one more child that needs Grandma :-)
Mom, you are my cheerleader, my shoulder to cry on, the one I call to tell you what the kids said and did, the one I know believes I can do anything. You're the one I call first. You're the positive, energetic person I wish I was. You're the mother I wish I could be. You're the example I think about when I try to decide what to do with my kids. You're my sunshine.
Thank you mom! (Dad too, not trying to leave you out...I love you both!!)
2 comments:
You are so sweet to say all those things. I agree, your mom is super and I'm glad to know her. I always feel like she just accepts me right in like another daughter when I see her. She has many qualities that I also admire and her goodness has definitely rubbed off onto her daughter.
I don't know your mother-in-law but I sure know your mom and she is AMAZING! You are so right! I'm glad I have her and your dad and we aren't even actually related but I'll take it!
Post a Comment