Saturday, August 29, 2009

Family Pictures, Summer Fun, Catching Up, Big Changes!

Our summer went down a little differently than planned. A one-month visit to Utah turned into almost two, which allowed a lot of family and friend visiting and some wonderful memories made. D spent 5 weeks there instead of 5 days as originally planned. He studied for the DAT (dental school admissions test), took it, and got a great score! He is currently in the applications process for entry next summer/fall. We don't know where yet. We're hoping we get in the first try!

He is currently finishing up some dental school pre-requisite courses at UTEP, which has necessitated a move for us. We are no longer living in Mexico, we are back in the States a bit earlier than planned. We have mixed feelings about this. We miss our friends and family terribly. We miss our ward, our (newly remodelled, almost-doubled-in-size) home, our normalcy there. I am feeling a little better being able to visit every couple of weeks. I am offering pedicures there whenever we visit and the last visit was fun and busy that way! Lots of cute toes. I am offering the same thing here for those of you in this area :-)

We are very excited for the services we are getting J back into, the schools, therapy, bus transportation, everything we left before when we left the states. It is bittersweet.

I feel like something has been torn out of me and the hole will remain. In many ways, our little town in Mexico will always be home.

On a brighter note, our wonderful friend in Utah took our family pictures (again!). She lived in California and we were good friends there, both being from Utah. Her husband worked with D at the same office in Irvine. We all, including one other dear family, had year passes to Disneyland and spent a lot of time there, and she took our pictures during Christmastime there. Thank you M! Here are some samples. They're not all edited yet, but I love them!!!!




























































































10 comments:

laurice. said...

awww...they are great!

Sal-my-gal said...

Great pics! Those mountains look a bit familiar. Does that mean you're here?! What a big thing to move seemingly all of the sudden. I'm glad to hear you're alive and well. I'd been wondering about you lately.

BarbaraJo said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love them all!

Salsa Mama said...

Ooh! I love them!!! You all look so good.

C said...

Well, not in Utah, but NM. D is going to UTEP. I wanted to see you again before we left. Things got so crazy with making the decision to move while we were still there. My life got turned upside down! I never thought I wouldn't be going back "home" to my home in Mex.
The pictures were taken before we left, up at the Hobble Creek golf course.
I think it's awesome that you're still running, sounds like you're doing great! We'll be back a couple more times this year, it looks like, to visit my parents and everyone. Hope to see you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have moved. It seems like it was the place to be. I hope it all works out. The pics are all great! Good Luck Doug!

brownymama said...

Those are big changes! So glad to hear the DAT went well and that you're moving in that direction. I love your family pictures. You ALL look gorgeous! The key necklace- did the lady in Mexico, (Maria I think)make that? I wanted to see if she'd make me more heart necklaces for Christmas gifts. I could pick them up when we go for Christmas. Will you be there for that by chance? Glad you're doing well in Utah!
Krista Brown

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

I love the pictures!!! Beautiful family. Good luck with everything and Felicidades to Doug for doing so well on the test!

Amanda said...

I love them! You are all so beautiful! And you know we have one of the best dental schools in the country right here in Dallas. Just a thought...

The Farmer's Wife said...

love the family pictures!