Monday, May 17, 2010

Bridal Shower Gift

I finally decided on making placemats and potholders for Aunt M's bridal shower. She lives with us (for now!) and it was hard being discreet, but she rolled with it ;-)

I was going for a Crate & Barrel/Pottery Barn/Pier 1 look, and I'm happy to say it worked. These are made from scraps from one of my favorite quilts ever. The fabric is from Studio E, the line is called "Flourish."

The look slightly crooked in the pictures. They are really perfectly straight and lay flat. They are 13"x19" and layered with lightweight cotton batting on the inside. Four placemats and two potholders.

Photobucket

Up close:

Photobucket

They are reversible to something that can be used for fall:

Photobucket

I straight-line quilted these about 3/4" apart. These were time-consuming with so many little pieces, but I LOVE them!! And so does she :-)

7 comments:

The Edwards said...

So can you pass a little of that sewing talent my way? Sewing machines hide when I come near... They must cheer for you! Impressive - all of it! I love it!

Salsa Mama said...

Such perfect quilting lines! I love it!

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

I love these! I want to put in my order!!!!

laurice. said...

These are perfect. I'm in love with them...you should go into business.

Diana Windley said...

Sooooooo cute!!! Mandy is lucky to have such a talented sis-in-law!

BarbaraJo said...

You are so talented. I love it!

Sherrie said...

Those are so cute! What a talented cousin I have :)