Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Quilt

Photobucket
This is a quilt that I finally finished. (Note that anytime I spread anything out on the floor, you-know-who lays on it faster than I can get the picture.) I got the fabric in Utah last summer, wanted a little project, something simple. Got a little discouraged about it later because it's just 10 inch blocks and I thought maybe it looked like a cop-out, but I loved the fabrics and didn't really want to cut them up small. Fast forward, finally quilted it end of summer, finally got it out to EP to bind... and it is absolutely one of my !!!!FAVORITES!!!! ever. I don't know why exactly. Maybe the switch from the traditional border to one that's only on the top and bottom. Love that. Love the colors, it's also a switch from my normal favorite warm tones. Love the prints, which are Amy Butler, I believe the line is Midwest Modern. Love the quilting, which is a step out for me too, it's a large scalloped flowery thing I was experimenting with. I've been using it for a light night covering lately because I love the colors so much, it makes me happy in some odd way. More pics, since you're so excited about it, lol!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

LOVE IT!!!! Quilts like this are actually my favorite because you can see all the gorgeous fabrics without getting dizzy! :)

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Do you hand quilt, or machine and do you send it out to be quilted?

I love your quilt. I am marking it in my "to copycat" file. :)

C said...

Thank you Salsa!

AJ, I machine quilt on an HQ16, love it! Thanks for the compliment :-)

C