Friday, April 1, 2011

Racing for The Children's Hospital

MattandJack4
D's classmate at school is riding in a 200 mile long race for the Children's Hospital in Denver in J's name. We did a photo session for their flyers and website. Here are the details (in which I edited out full names):

While J and I roll different wheels for different reasons, we are rollin’ together to raise money for the Children’s Fund for The Children’s Hospital. Children’s Fund gifts allow the hospital to improve the care offered to every child who walks through The Children’s Hospital’s doors. Children’s served more than 158,000 patients in 2010, and expects to see even more infants, kids and teens in the years to come.

J, a 10 year old friend of mine is fortunate to benefit from all The Children’s Hospital has to offer as he continually battles the complications associated with Spina Bifida. Here is what J had to say about Children’s:

“One reason that I like The Children's Hospital is that the doctors and nurses are so nice. Last time I had surgery there Dr. Chan and Dr. Bielsky were teasing each other and making me laugh. Another thing I like is that they have fun things there to do while we wait. Right inside the hospital there is a big glass enclosed ball maze that is really fun to watch. They have really nice fish tanks with cool fish in them, and also smaller desks and chairs with books and toys everywhere. There are big windows that are fun to look out of. Sometimes they have craft projects that volunteers help me do. One more thing is that the food there is really good. I am really glad we live right by a good hospital where I can be taken care of.”

To help J and I raise money for the Children’s Fund, I will be riding in the Courage Classic July 23-25, 2011. This is a fun, yet challenging ride through the Rocky Mountains covering over 200 miles of terrain around Leadville, Copper Mountain, and Breckenridge. I’m sure one day J will do the ride himself… for now, I’ll do it for the both of us. I’m glad he’s in my corner as he will bring me inspiration as I push through the challenging climbs of the Courage Classic.

The Children’s Hospital of Denver is an amazing place where hundreds of thousands of kids and families receive amazing care each year in an amazing, kid friendly environment. Please, join J and I in the effort to help others via the Children’s Fund and donate all you can – we can’t tell you how important it is.

We appreciate your support!


We are excited that D's friend would do this and involve J. M is an awesome friend! Here are some of the pictures we took:


MattandJack


MattandJack3


And then they just goofed of. Which is an absolutely necessary part of any photo session while you are outside in the first 78 degree weather of the year.


MattJackandDoug


MattJackandDoug


Plasmacars add to the excitement of any goofing off session.


MattandEliza


plasmacars



1 comment:

laurice. said...

Yay for catching up. We miss you too. So do our toes!

That's funny that you live by Jen. I'll have to tell my sister. Just a few weeks ago a cousin was in our home an asked me who I was with in the pictures on my board...yes referring to Lacey and her husbands announcement. funny.