Sunday, May 1, 2011

Overheard in the Car

While on the way to pick up T from school, E and I usually sing songs and talk, or sometimes my thoughts wander... This trip I was content just to listen to her, she was on a roll. As we pulled out of the driveway, it began like this:

"I am SO good. I AM so good. I AM SO GOOD! That's what Jimmer says. Jimmer says this: I am so good!"

No idea.

Next, in the middle of her normally fairly traditional rendition of Baa Baa Black Sheep, she got to the chorus, which went like this:

"One for the dolphin and one for the necklace and one for the bracelet and one for the dame.... Baa Baa pink sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full."

At last, when we were in the carpool line I heard this little gem:

"Okay, here's the deal. The Sea Witch goes into his tunnel...." etc. Continuing to talk about the sea witch from The Little Mermaid, whom I found out right then E thinks is a man. She has a love/fascination/terror relationship with all villains... She calls the wicked stepmother/mother from Barbie Island Princess and Cinderella "The Naughty Mother" and loves any scenes they are in.

General update on E: she is now officially sleeping through the night, in her own bed, and goes to sleep after I put her to bed very well. YaHOOooo! She has gained enough weight to be on the charts now, for months she was below zero percentile for weight. She is now around the 20th percentile for both weight and height. She knows most of her letters thanks to a 99 cent iPad app (awesome), she sIngs all day just like her brother, she talks our ears off, makes us laugh hysterically, and goes in time out regularly for a particularly obstinate personality at times. She is an angel when she is home with me alone, but acts up around the other kids. She also loves them fiercely.
She bounces around the house and entertains herself very well. She doesn't like toys as much as other people's belongings. She Loves to have her fingers and toes painted, and to wear her favorite pink skirt. She begs T not to go to school every morning and cries at the door when she does. She brings laughter and craziness to the family! We can't wait to hear what she comes up with to say next. If only I had two more of me now that she has learned to open doors... Time to buy child doorknob locks. Another thing the other two never required :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet, nothing better than our little ones, thanks for sharing.

Sal-my-gal said...

It's a Jimmer nation!