I'm sitting here this morning, having just had D help me get J to school (the wheelchair has to be lifted out on Monday mornings and that's on my "not to do" list. I'm feeling just a bit nauseous, so trying to stay kind of still. I already ate breakfast, and don't feel like repeating it. I haven't thrown up for almost 2 weeks now (yeeeaaaahh!!!) and I'd like to improve the record. So, instead of other important things, I'll do this tag post :-)
Do you like blue cheese? In short, no.
Do you own a gun? My dad has a tiny, fancy .22 that is engraved with an elaborate design that's "mine" but at his house. I've heard it really hurts your hand to shoot.
What flavor Kool Aid is your favorite? None, really.
Do you get nervous before doctor appointment? yes, lots of scary doctor appointments in our past.
What do you think of hot dogs? Sometimes they're just wonderful. Especially Hebew National. I do sometimes enjoy a hot dog, but I have to stomp out from my mind the ever-present knowledge that they contain nitrites. Hrmph.
Favorite Christmas movie? Absolutely White Christmas, and Holiday Inn.
What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Usually water. Right now, double-diluted OJ with lots of ice cubes.
Can you do push ups? Right before this pregnancy, I had worked myself up to 3 sets of 25. (girly style, yes, but I had worked myself up from 1 set of 5) I've been banned from exercise for the forseeable future because of high risk-status.
What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring. I love it. It's so me, and I have good memories associated with picking it out together.
Do you have a hobby? Well.... do you have all day? Quilting, sewing clothing, scrapbooking, cardmaking, cooking, reading, singing, piano, watching period romances (like Jane Austen films, etc.)....
Do you have A.D.D.? I don't know. I can sit still for very long periods of time, but I like to be doing something with my hands. Like, drawing during lectures/talks helps me concentrate better. I love sewing while I watch movies. D hates that. But rarely complains, to his credit.
What's your weight? Pregnant. 'Nuff said. Ask me in 8 more months.
Middle name? For real? None. For not real? Marie. I've been called that as my middle name for almost my whole life, AND it's on my scriptures. That means business.
Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. Looking down, my belly looks pregnant. I need to get an appointment for thursday to find out this baby's gender, maybe. Is anyone still reading this?
Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, OJ, water.
Current worry? J's health. I had nightmares about it last night. He's doing pretty well but it just seems to be weighing heavily on my mind lately.
Current hate right now? the smell of D's deoderant.
Favorite place to be? At home, in the evening with D. (the deoderant's usually way less smelly by night.) haha.
How did you bring in the New Year? With close family and friend's at my in-law's house, I made a TON of wonderful food and we had a blast.
Where would you like to go? Utah, via Arizona :-) Also, back to Laguna Beach.
Name three people who will complete this? Don't want to give anyone a guilt trip.... but I'm tagging Lori, anyone in CJ that wants to, and Jen for sure ;-)
Do you own slippers? Yes, but I only wear them in the chilly seasons. Right now is barefoot season.
What color shirt are you wearing right now? black.
Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, just nice cotton.
Can you whistle? Yes
Favorite color? Red, brown, white... really I could go on and on. I like them all for different things.
Would you be a pirate? I don't think D would approve. But I love pirate movies!
What songs do you sing in the shower? My head is like my MP3 player, constantly going. The last thing I specifically remember singing in the shower is "Hold On" from The Secret Garden. You should have heard me, it was good. I even had the Yorkshire accent going.
Favorite Girl's Name? This is a hard question right now. As much as it's always been easier for me to find girl names, (I've had a list going since I was... 14?) right now we're having a difficult time coming up with one that we agree on.
Favorite boy's name? I love the name Jack.
What's in your pocket right now? Maternity clothes should never have pockets.
Last thing that made you laugh? J, putting his hand on my tummy and informing me that I'm pregnant.
Best bed sheets as a child? I actually had maroon satin sheets as a child. I loved them then....
Worst injury you've ever had? A heavy wooden box (REALLY heavy) fell corner down onto the top of my foot, 11 years ago, deep in the heart of Mexico. I had to be on crutches and the doctor wrapped it way too tightly. It still hurts to this day.
Do you love where you live? There are definitely pro's and con's but the pro's really make me happy. The con's mean I have to go on trips occasionally or go mad fast.
How many TVs do you have in your house? Just one.
Who is your loudest friend? I can't think of any really loud people that I spend time with a lot.
How many dogs do you have? One dog. One weird, cute, wild dog, and I hope she calms down soon. We've had her almost a year. Outdoor dog!
Does someone have a crush on you? You really should be asking my husband.
What is your favorite book? I have so many. Can we do authors? If so.... L.M. Montgomery, Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling.... the list goes on.
What is your favorite candy? dark chocolate
Favorite Sports Team? I have to say BYU, out of loyalty. But sports aren't my thing. I did, however, enjoy the latest stake YM's basketball tournament.
What song do you want played at your funeral? Can it be broadway? I've always thought "How Could I Know" from The Secret Garden would be it. But I also love the hymn "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need" which was lately sung at President Hinckley's funeral. I also love "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing."
Whew!
3 comments:
Yes, I was still reading when you asked if anyone was reading this. That was fun to get to know you even better than I already do. Tell Doug I'm sorry about the deodorant thing. The things he has to deal with :)
C,
FYI - I have your fancy little .22 in my gun safe waiting for you to pick it up or come out and shoot it with us. It doesn't hurt to shoot, but you do have to hang on to it pretty tight. It is a squirley little thing that will jump right out of your hand.
I read your whole blog. Even when you were wondering if anyone was still reading it.
Wow....that one took a lot of thought! I learned a lot!
Post a Comment