Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Let's Get This Straight

D and J were watching flying videos on the computer on Saturday for part of their "Father & Son" time while I was in El Paso with T having a Girl Party. I think they were on a site like YouTube where on the side of the screen, while you are watching a video clip, there are other clips waiting to be played. J picked up on one before D did. The conversation went something like this:

"Dad, look. That's two GIRLS KISSING!"

(D clicks off the page quickly)

"Dad, that's so gross. Ewww. I can't believe that. Yuck. Two GIRLS!!!!" etc.

"That's right, that is very wrong, isn't it?" etc. etc.

"Yeah, that's just gross. But, you know, Dad, I guess it's not as bad as a girl and a BOY kissing."

(Educational discussion follows.)



Well, we try, don't we? I guess it's things like this that help us fill in the gaps.... !!

2 comments:

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

C, I actually, literally slapped my knee when I read that and cried out in laughter almost loud enough to wake the babies! Oh my gosh! That was funny! Poor J. He has a lot of hard lessons to learn.

Lori Cook said...

That is so funny! It takes kids to put things into simpler terms for us sometimes doesen't it. But I do hope that he changes his mind on somethings down the road :)