Sunday, October 2, 2011

Breckenridge Trip

A spur of the moment decision turned into one of my most favorite trips ever, 1.5 hours away from our house, to Breckenridge, CO. We met D's parents there for two days and two nights of exploring and fun! We happened to be there during the US Pro Cycler's Challenge bike race, which took place in legs starting in Oregon, I think, and ending in Denver. It was neat seeing all of the great activities associated with that. Breckenridge was a beautiful town and had hanging flowers everywhere. I took way too many pictures. We rode a gondola up the mountain to some of the large ski lodges where in the summer they have a family fun center. We ate ice cream. We had a wonderful day!

Breckenridge1

Breckenridge2

Breckenridge3

Breckenridge4

Breckenridge5

Breckenridge6

Breckenridge7

This is D's mom. She is really afraid of heights (as in, Dumbo at Disneyland was a stretch) and was such a sport to get in the gondola with us. Truthfully, T and I were really just as scared, I think! I love being around my mother-in-law. She loves being around her kids and grandkids. She treats her daughters and sons-in-law like her own. We had such fun!

Breckenridge8

Breckenridge9

Breckenridge10

BreckenridgeE&G

BreckenridgeE&G2

BreckenridgeEflying

Breckenridgerainstorm

Grandpa&T

D, rebelling against the laws of the land:

Breckenridgenostopping

I really love my father-in-law. He was my bishop for almost four years. He is a great example of love and service, and is really a lot of fun to be around. I love talking to him. He is always so interested in us and loves to hug and play with the kids.

BreckenridgeBus

USprocyclerschallenge

1 comment:

Salsa Mama said...

I love the pics of the gpa and gma and T with gpa. I can't believe you got gma to ride that gondola!!! :)